|9:30am||- Divine Liturgy|
|6:00pm|| - Akafist to Saint George|
Akafist to the Victorious Great Martyr and Wonderworker Saint George, heavenly patron of our cathedral.
Because of our mix of Russian and American parishioners, every service at St. George is, in varying parts, served in both English and Church Slavonic (the language of the Russian Orthodox Church). Varying which parts of the services are in either language ensures that no part of a service is "hidden" for long. We follow a monthly rubric which ensures that both languages are rotated and heard:
- First Sunday of the month: 50/50 Church Slavonic and English
- Second Sunday of the month: 90% English
- Third Sunday of the month: 50/50 Church Slavonic and English
- Fourth Sunday of the month: 90% Church Slavonic
- (if there is a) Fifth Sunday of the month: 50/50 Church Slavonic
The readings of Holy Scripture (Epistle and Gospel) are read in both languages at every Sunday service. The sermon is delivered in both Russian and English, and the Sacrament of Confession is also available in both. Trebi, or Services of Need, can be served in Church Slavonic, English or a mix of both, according to need.